Circling the airport?

Have you ever felt that your case is going around and around in circles without going anywhere?  Continuance after continuance, without seeming to move the case forward?

One analogy that I use in handling family law cases is that of a pilot of a small plane. I say that I'm like the pilot, and my client is like a passenger in my two-seater plane. I need to know which airport my client wants to go to, that's the goal for the case. If a client would say to me, “I want everything that I'm entitled to, “or “I just want the best outcome possible,” I have to slow down, and be very specific in defining the client's goals.

Obviously, no one wants to pay to circle the airport endlessly.   There has to be a constant push toward resolving and completing the case.

If you find yourself in a situation that might require a first or second opinion from a licensed Illinois attorney, please give me a call.

312-493-4241,  7 days a week. - Kevin Johnson

Popular posts from this blog

Carefully Reviewing and Writing Divorce, Custody and Visitation Orders

Divorce, custody, attorneys, and psychological warfare countermeasures

Defend against psychological warfare - a Custody and Divorce Attorney's Perspective