Customer Service in Divorce, Custody and Visitation Cases

Should a family-law attorney give clients his or her cell-phone number?  I believe so.  My clients, by trusting me with their divorce, custody, paternity, child-support, visitation or other family-law case, are really placing their lives in my hands.  I don't want them guessing what to do when a situation arises -- they need to be able to reach me when they have questions.  I give them my cell-phone number and encourage them to call anytime.

This means that I can't hide from clients, that I must keep clients informed and somewhat happy, or they will be ringing my phone day and night.

I call my customer-service policy 'direct contact.'  My clients can reach me 7 days/week.  I even answer my phone when I'm on the phone with someone else (very briefly, with apologies to the present caller -- just to say that I'm tied up and will have to talk later.)

I don't put up a 'voicemail wall'  (I'm sorry, Mr. Johnson is in a meeting right now, would you like his voicemail?).  I do have voicemail (for when I absolutely can't answer a call, like when I'm standing in court in front of a judge), but I estimate that I answer calls about 99% of the time.

Back to my website

Popular posts from this blog

Divorce, custody, attorneys, and psychological warfare countermeasures

Carefully Reviewing and Writing Divorce, Custody and Visitation Orders

Defend against psychological warfare - a Custody and Divorce Attorney's Perspective